This Policy may be amended from time to time and new versions will be published on this page. This Policy was last updated on 1st January 2020.
We are Channel Islands Occupation Society (Jersey) Limited, a Jersey Registered Charity run entirely by volunteers. The Channel Islands Occupation Society (Jersey) Limited is the relevant data controller in respect of the personal information it holds about you and the Data Protection Lead is the Company Secretary.
We are registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (No. 64877) as required by the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, which is Jersey’s implementation of the European General Data Protection Regulation.
If you wish to contact the Channel Islands Occupation Society (Jersey) Limited in relation to any query or complaint about how your personal information is handled by us, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter at the following address:
Channel Islands Occupation Society (Jersey) Limited
PO Box 95
DATA COLLECTION AND PURPOSE
The Channel Islands Occupation Society (Jersey) Limited will hold your personal information for the purposes of administering your membership account, processing purchases you make, sending you newsletters, responding to your enquiries, or where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not use any automated decision-making processes for any purpose, nor do we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Do we collect information about you?
- We collect personal data when you communicate with us in person or by letter, phone or online. We collect information about you when you make a bank transfer, purchase a subscription or publication through our website, register for our email newsletter, submit an insurance claim, or submit a message through our online contact forms.
- Do we use website analytics?
- Our website was built with visitor privacy in mind and we do not record your visits. We do not set browser ‘cookies’. Server logging is disabled and we do not collect visitor IP addresses.
- Page assets are all first-party and served directly from our domain except embedded videos. Embedded videos are served from the domain youtube-nocookie.com, which enforces YouTube’s Privacy Enhanced Mode (which does not track views, visitors, or set browser cookies).
- Why do we collect your personal information?
- There are a number of legal bases upon which we rely to collect and process personal data about you. These are:
- To identify you;
- To prevent unlawful acts;
- To administer your subscription;
- To respond to enquiries from you;
- To pursue legal proceedings against you;
- To process a payment or donation from you;
- To process insurance claims brought by you;
- To provide goods or services that you request;
- To protect our legal rights and other assets or interests.
- To ensure your health and safety and that of our volunteers, contractors, and the visiting public;
- To fulfil our regulatory and reporting obligations to the Jersey Financial Services Commission and to the Jersey Charity Commissioner.
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- We rely on a small number of third-party providers to deliver our services and perform necessary tasks on behalf of the Company. Details of these third parties may be found in the "Third Party Data Controllers" section below.
- We do not share your data beyond what is necessary for the provision or operation of our services to you. Any third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
- We may also share your personal information when required to by law, by order of the Court, or with law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where there is a statutory basis to do so.
- How long do we hold your personal data?
- We will store your personal data for a period which is appropriate to the purpose for which it is collected and processed, including to meet any legal, accounting or other regulatory/reporting requirements. Normally this is for a maximum of seven years.
- What are your data protection rights?
- You have:
- The right to rectify inaccurate information we hold about you;
- The right to erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- A right of access to personal information we hold about you in certain limited circumstances;
- The right to object to processing your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- To lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. In Jersey this is the Office of the Information Commissioner. Their website and contact details are here: https://jerseyoic.org/
THIRD PARTY DATA CONTROLLERS
We rely on a number of third-party providers to deliver our services and perform necessary functions on behalf of the Company. Contact info and privacy polices for these providers are below.
Google (for hosted email at our cios.org.je domain)
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
PayPal (For online payment processing)
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions
22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS
Luxembourg B 118 349
Lloyds (For bank transfers and standing order payments)
Lloyds Bank International
Isle of Man
Mailchimp (For email newsletters)
The Rocket Science Group, LLC
675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE Suite 5000
Atlanta, GA 30308
Formspree (For the website contact form)
21750 Hardy Oak Blvd Ste 104 #26968
San Antonio, TX 78258
Rossborough (Our insurer)
R A Rossborough (Insurance Brokers) Limited